‘I take it as a compliment’ – Harry Kane responds to presidential candidate’s bid to bring him to Barcelona
Published on Sunday, 22 February 2026 at 7:33 pm
Harry Kane has brushed off suggestions that he could swap the Allianz Arena for the Camp Nou after Barcelona presidential hopeful Xavi Vilajoana claimed to have opened talks with the England captain.
Vilajoana, campaigning to take the club’s top office, told reporters he had already made contact with the Bayern Munich striker and believes Kane would be a “great fit” for the Blaugrana. The 30-year-old, however, insists he is unaware of any approach.
“I haven’t heard anything about it. My father and brother handle everything, but they haven’t said anything to me,” Kane said following Bayern’s latest Bundesliga outing, in which he struck twice to lift his league total to 28 goals this season. “As I’ve already said, I’m very happy here at Bayern. I’m focused on this season and my time at Bayern. I take it as a compliment.”
The brace keeps Kane within striking distance of Robert Lewandowski’s single-season Bundesliga record, intensifying the spotlight on a player who only last summer arrived from Tottenham Hotspur. With a contract already running until 2027, Kane is widely expected to extend his stay in Munich rather than entertain fresh suitors.
While Vilajoana’s pitch may play well on the Catalan campaign trail, Kane’s immediate priorities remain in Germany, where Bayern are locked in a tight title race and the striker continues to chase history.
SEO Keywords:
barcelonaHarry KaneBarcelona transfer newsBayern MunichBundesliga recordXavi VilajoanaCamp NouEngland captainRobert Lewandowski recordpresidential candidatetransfer rumors
Source: yahoo
